I was a monkey in my past life.
I seriously LOVE this fruit, and I’m so happy to have found a way to incorporate it into my keto lifestyle. Moist, delicious and topped with unsweetened chocolate chips.
No wonder why it’s a fast fave in my house! I usually top with some butter fresh out of the oven, but you could also get a little wild and turn it into French toast with some fresh unsweetened whipped cream.
There are only 4.4 net gram carbs per slice, so you definitely will want to try out this recipe.
I’ve left a step-by-step video below so you can watch me bring this recipe to life.
Keto Low Carb Banana Bread
- 2 large bananas mashed
- 2 1/2 cups almond/coconut flour
- 1/2 cup ground flax
- 6 eggs
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- 1/2 cup swerve/erythritol/stevia (brown tastes best)
- 4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp real vanilla
- 2 tsp baking powder
- top with low carb chocolate or nuts
- Preheat oven at 350°F
- Start by mashing the bananas
- Add in the eggs, and mix it all together.
- Add your selected sweetener (swerve, erythritol, stevia) and combine.
- Next, you need to the vanilla teaspoon and your melted butter, keep mixing to get all ingredients together.
- Add in your choice of flour, and ground flax like I did if desired.
- Your final add-ins are the cinnamon and baking powder, make sure it’s mixed so it comes out evenly and delicious.
- Put the dough in a greased pan, spread it out throughout the mold and make sure you don’t fill it to the top because it will grow.
- Put in the oven for about 45 minutes.
- Once it’s done, let it cool before cutting.
ElleAura is a registered nurse and keto coach in Calgary, AB. She empowers individuals from all walks of life to live a happier and healthier life through keto. She was tired of hurting, having mood swings, getting terrible sleep and deteriorating self confidence. So she took a leap of faith, and became an independent Pruvit promoter. It was the best $50 investment of her life! Want to learn more about the opportunity? Click here!
START YOUR KETO JOURNEY
Subscribe to Keto Queen YYC so that you are notified every time we share new resources, recipes or keto lifestyle products.